To see the world with gratitude in the light of God’s first gift, creation, and in the light of God’s ultimate gift, redemption in Jesus Christ; and, from this way of seeing, to make and use works of visual art.
- To establish a network of visual artists from the Uniting Church and other Christian Churches in south-east Queensland;
- to encourage visual artists to develop their work in the visual arts in relation to their Christian faith and expressions of spirituality;
- to encourage visual artists to use their gifts in their own local churches;
- to provide opportunities for workshops, exhibitions, talks and discussions so that artists, the church and the community may come to understand afresh how the visual arts have a place in the worship and life of the church;
- to provide an opportunity for the church to reach into the wider community by exploring and expressing in images its understanding of human life, community and values;
- to offer an opportunity for the church to relate visual art with the other arts in a fuller expression of worship and Christian spirituality.
Visionaries – for Christianity and the Visual Arts invites as members visual artists and those supportive of the visual arts who are happy to subscribe to the aims of Visionaries.
Members will meet from time to time (at least annually) for planning. There will be a newsletter produced regularly to keep members informed of events. This will be sent by email, or by post for those without email. The co-ordinator will be responsible for this newsletter.
(The term ‘visual artist’ is understood in the broad sense of referring to those who practise drawing, painting, print making, sculpture, graphic art, photography, pottery, ceramics, glass work, fabric art and works in mixed media and who aim for excellence and originality in their art.)